The global pharmaceutical packaging market size was evaluated at $120.1 billion in 2022, according to a new report by GlobalData Plc. The increasing demand for pharmaceutical products across the globe is projected to drive market growth over the forecast period.
Pharmaceutical packaging market outlook report forecast analysis is available with GlobalData now! Read our free sample report
Pharmaceutical Packaging Market FAQs
- What was the pharmaceutical packaging market size in 2022?
The pharmaceutical packaging market size was valued at $120.1billion in 2022.
- Which are the key segments of pharmaceutical packaging market?
The pharmaceutical packaging market is segmented by material, product type, drug type, and regions.
- What will be the pharmaceutical packaging market CAGR during 2022-2026?
The pharmaceutical packaging market will grow at a CAGR of 5.6% during 2022-2026.
- Which are the key regions in pharmaceutical packaging market?
The key regions in pharmaceutical packaging market are North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Central & South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Who are the leading players in pharmaceutical packaging market?
The leading players in pharmaceutical packaging market are SCHOTT AG, West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc., Berry Global Group Inc., Amcor plc, AptarGroup Inc, Becton Dickinson and Co (BD), WestRock Co, Nipro Corp, Gerresheimer AG, and CCL Industries Inc.
For more queries on the pharmaceutical packaging market, view our report sample
Pharmaceutical Packaging Market Dynamics
The rise in cases of chronic and infectious diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer, stroke, and arthritis are fueling demand for pharmaceutical products and their accompanying packaging across the globe. The growing geriatric population worldwide is further increasing the number of -Papatients with chronic diseases which require lifelong support of medications. Furthermore, changing lifestyles with uncertain eating schedules, increasing consumption of processed and unhealthy food, long seating, irregular sleep schedules, and increased screen time are increasing risks and instances of associated health issues. Therefore, the required packaging solutions for pharmaceutical products are witnessing growth across the globe.
However, pollution concerns rising from the increasing plastic packaging waste from packaging industries is attracting the focus of environmental regulatory authorities, which is compelling manufacturers to look for alternate sustainable materials, thus restraining overall market growth.
Learn about the pharmaceutical packaging market dynamics by downloading the report sample
Pharmaceutical Packaging Market Report Highlights
- The global pharmaceutical packaging market is projected to witness a CAGR of 5.6% during 2022-2026, owing to an increasing demand for pharmaceuticals is attracting investments in the industry which is supporting the pharmaceutical packaging market growth across the globe.
- In 2021, the plastics segment captured the largest share owing to high penetration of plastic material across the packaging solutions including primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging supports the dominance of the segment. Paper & paperboard segment is anticipated to witness the highest compounded annual growth rate of 6.2% over the forecast period. The growing focus on the use of sustainable packaging material to decrease carbon footprints across pharmaceutical packaging operations is supporting segmental growth.
- In terms of product type, the primary packaging segment accounted for the maximum revenue share in 2021. The segment is leading the market on account of regulations in pharmaceuticals market which mandated packaging standards for pharmaceutical products to maintain their chemical compositions throughout the shelf-life. Tertiary packaging segment is estimated to showcase the highest compounded annual growth rate of 6.8% over the forecast period. The increasing import/export of pharmaceutical products especially in emerging economies is creating demand for bulk packaging, thus driving segmental growth.
- The COVID-19 emergence has positively impacted the pharmaceutical packaging market owing to the increasing demand for medications for the coronavirus-infected population across the globe. In addition, the demand for vaccine development and accompanying packaging has further supported the market growth in recent years.
- North America region accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021. The region houses key countries including the US and Canada. These countries are exhibiting numerous manufacturing developments through their advanced infrastructure across the pharmaceutical packaging market.
- The key pharmaceutical packaging market vendors analyzed as part of this report include Schott AG, West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc., Berry Global Group Inc., Amcor plc, AptarGroup Inc, Becton Dickinson and Co (BD), WestRock Co, and Nipro Corp, among others.
Request a sample PDF to unlock additional pharmaceutical packaging market highlights
Pharmaceutical Packaging Market Segmentation
Global Pharmaceutical Material Outlook (Revenue, US$ Million, 2019-2026)
- Paper & Paperboard
Global Pharmaceutical Packaging Product Type Outlook (Revenue, US$ Million, 2019-2026)
- Primary Packaging
- Blister & Strip Packs
- Bottles & Containers
- Vials & Ampoules
- Caps & Closures
- Pre-Filled Inhalers
- Pre-Filled Syringes
- Secondary Packaging
- Boxes & Cartons
- Labels & Wraps
- Trays & Separators
- Void-Fill and Temp Controlled Packaging
- Pouches & Bags
- Tertiary Packaging
Global Pharmaceutical Packaging Drug Type Outlook (Revenue, US$ Million, 2019-2026)
- Prescription Drugs
- Over-the-counter Drugs
Pharmaceutical Packaging Regional Outlook (Revenue, US$ Million, 2019-2026)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Rest of Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Looking for more segment-specific insights, grab your sample report copy now!
1 Executive Summary
2 Research Scope and Segmentation
3 Market Overview
4 Pharmaceutical Packaging – Industry Trend Analysis
4.1 Pharmaceutical Packaging – Market Drivers
4.2 Pharmaceutical Packaging – Market Restraints
4.3 Technological Trends
4.4 COVID-19 – Market Impact Analysis
5 Pharmaceutical Packaging – Value Chain Analysis
5.1 Pharmaceutical Packaging- Industry Value Chain
5.1.1 Raw Material
5.1.2 Manufacturing and Supply & Distribution
6 Pharmaceutical Packaging Revenue Opportunity
6.1 Global Market Revenue Snapshot
6.2 Global Pharmaceutical Packaging Market by Material
6.2.3 Paper & Paperboard
6.3 Global Pharmaceutical Packaging Market by Product Type
6.3.1 Primary Packaging
184.108.40.206 Blister & Strip Packs
220.127.116.11 Bottles & Containers
18.104.22.168 Vials & Ampoules
22.214.171.124 Caps & Closures
126.96.36.199 Pre-filled Inhalers
188.8.131.52 Pre-filled Syringes
6.3.2 Secondary Packaging
184.108.40.206 Boxes & Cartons
220.127.116.11 Labels & Wraps
18.104.22.168 Trays & Separators
22.214.171.124 Void-fill and Temp Controlled Packaging
126.96.36.199 Pouches & Bags
6.3.3 Tertiary Packaging
6.4 Global Pharmaceutical Packaging Market by Drug Type
6.4.1 Prescription Drugs
6.4.2 Over-the-counter Drugs
7 Pharmaceutical Packaging Revenue Opportunity
7.1 Pharmaceutical Packaging – Regional Deep Dive
7.2 North America
7.3.6 Rest of Europe
7.4 Asia Pacific
7.4.3 South Korea
7.4.4 Rest of Asia Pacific
7.5 Central & South America
7.5.2 Rest of Central & South America
7.6 Middle East & Africa
7.6.1 Saudi Arabia
7.6.1 South Africa
7.6.1 Rest of Middle East & Africa
8 Competitive Analysis
8.1 Key Players & Recent Developments & Their Impact on the Industry
8.2 Heat Map Analysis – Key Companies
8.3 Other Major Competitors in Pharmaceutical Packaging Market
8.4 Mergers & Acquisitions
8.5 List of Pharmaceutical Packaging Raw Material Suppliers
8.6 List of Pharmaceutical Packaging Key Customers
8.7 Patent Analysis
9 Company Profiles
9.1 SCHOTT AG
9.2 West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
9.3 Berry Global Group Inc.
9.4 Amcor Plc
9.5 AptarGroup, Inc.
9.6 Becton, Dickinson, and Co (BD)
9.7 WestRock Co
9.8 Nipro Corp
9.9 Gerresheimer AG
9.10 CCL Industries Inc (CCL)
GlobalData is a leading provider of data, analytics, and insights on the world’s largest industries. In an increasingly fast-moving, complex, and uncertain world, it has never been harder for organizations and decision-makers to predict and navigate the future. GlobalData’s mission is to help our clients to decode the future and profit from faster, more informed decisions. As a leading information services company, thousands of clients rely on us for trusted, timely, and actionable intelligence. Our solutions are designed to provide a daily edge to professionals within corporations, financial institutions, professional services, and government agencies.
GlobalData Mark Jephcott Head of PR EMEA firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com +44 (0)207 936 6400
Reportedtimes, iCN Internal Distribution, Extended Distribution, Research Newswire, English