The outdoor sportswear market size valued at $17 billion in 2022. Outdoor sportswear has risen in popularity mainly due to the growth in sports such as hiking and skiing, as well as its presence within streetwear. Outdoor sportswear brands have emerged as winners from the pandemic, boosted by their excellent products and high sustainability credentials. The outdoor sportswear market research report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of the global outdoor sportswear market, the major players, and the key trends. It provides a detailed analysis of the key trends shaping the market, market sizes and forecasts, and the performance of key retailers.
For insights on the outdoor sportswear market forecasts, read our free sample report
Outdoor Sportswear Market FAQs
- What was the outdoor sportswear market size in 2022?
The outdoor sportswear market size was valued at $17.0 billion in 2022.
- What is the outdoor sportswear market growth rate?
The outdoor sportswear market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 6% during 2022-2027.
- What are the key regions in the outdoor sportswear market?
The key regions in the outdoor sportswear market are the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East and Africa.
- What are the key categories in the outdoor sportswear market?
The key categories in the outdoor sportswear market are sports clothing, sports footwear, and sports accessories.
- Which are the leading brands in the outdoor sportswear market?
Some of the leading sportswear brands are Columbia, The North Face, Timberland, SALOMON, Patagonia, Helly Hansen, Napapijri, Descente, Kathmandu, and Peak Performance.
Get a free sample right here to have all your queries answered right away!
Outdoor Sportswear Market Dynamics
The increased uptake of outdoor activities and the growing prominence of outdoor wear in fashion trends have created the perfect environment for mainstream apparel brands to expand their existing outdoor ranges or launch new concepts. There is a perfect opportunity for apparel brands to enter the outdoor sports market by creating entry-level products that should attract newcomers who are less brand loyal to the top outdoor wear players, and do not desire the latest material technology. For instance, in autumn 2021, Zara launched its ‘Athleticz’ sub-brand which initially consisted of a range of men’s sportswear constructed with technical materials.
The outdoor sportswear market is also driven by the growing popularity of streetwear. Many streetwear fans across the world have adopted outdoor products as a key part of their wardrobes after the emergence of the ‘gorpcore’ trend in the late 2010s. The vast array of material technologies often found in outdoor wear such as climate control and waterproofing are very useful in day-to-day life, which makes the products multifunctional, boosting their appeal and helping to justify their often-higher price points.
For additional insights on outdoor sportswear market dynamics,
request for a free sample
Outdoor Sportswear Market Highlights
- Outdoor sports grew in popularity as prolonged travel restrictions encouraged consumers to explore their local natural landscapes, leading to a rise in demand for outdoor sportswear items such as technical winter jackets and hiking boots.
- Post-pandemic, the demand for outdoor sportswear has remained high and the outdoor sportswear market is likely to register an accelerated CAGR of over 6% during 2022-2027. Many consumers have realized the mental health benefits of spending more time outside and have continued their outdoor hobbies, and the streetwear trend, which often overlaps with outdoor sportswear, has boomed.
- The key categories in the outdoor sportswear market are sports clothing, sports footwear, and sports accessories. The clothing segment dominated the outdoor sportswear market in 2022 and is expected to grow during the forecast period as items such as puffer coats and jackets feed into the popular streetwear trend and are purchased frequently for being trendy and functional.
- The key regions in the outdoor sportswear market are the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Americas led the outdoor sportswear market in 2022. Europe and Americas regional shares will decrease in the five-year forecast period in favor of Asia-Pacific, partly due to the maturity of markets within these regions, but also as the regions will be more impacted by high inflation rates, dampening spend on apparel.
Know more about the key outdoor sportswear market highlights in this PDF sample
Outdoor Sportswear Market Coverage
Outdoor Sportswear Market Category Outlook (Value, USD Billion, 2017-2027)
- Sports Clothing
- Sports Footwear
- Sports Accessories
Outdoor Sportswear Market Regional Outlook (Value, USD Billion, 2017-2027)
- Middle East and Africa
Want to get detailed scope and segment-wise insights, download sample now!
Sportswear Market Size and Trend Analysis by Category (Apparel, Footwear, Accessories), Segments (Type, Gender, Positioning, Activity), Retail Channel, Region, Key Brands, Consumer Attitudes, 2022-2026
Middle East and Africa (MEA) Sportswear (Clothing, Footwear and Accessories) Market Size, Channel and Segments Analytics, Brand Value and Forecast, 2021-2026
Americas Sportswear Market Size and Forecast Analytics by Category (Apparel, Footwear, Accessories), Segments (Gender, Positioning, Activity), Retail Channel and Key Brands, 2021-2026
Europe Sportswear Market Size and Forecast Analytics by Category (Apparel, Footwear, Accessories), Segments (Gender, Positioning, Activity), Retail Channel and Key Brands, 2021-2026
Asia-Pacific (APAC) Sportswear Market Size and Forecast Analytics by Category (Apparel, Footwear, Accessories), Segments (Gender, Positioning, Activity), Retail Channel and Key Brands, 2021-2026
GlobalData is a leading provider of data, analytics, and insights on the world’s largest industries. In an increasingly fast-moving, complex, and uncertain world, it has never been harder for organizations and decision-makers to predict and navigate the future. GlobalData’s mission is to help our clients to decode the future and profit from faster, more informed decisions. As a leading information services company, thousands of clients rely on us for trusted, timely, and actionable intelligence. Our solutions are designed to provide a daily edge to professionals within corporations, financial institutions, professional services, and government agencies.
GlobalData Mark Jephcott Head of PR EMEA firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com +44 (0)207 936 6400
PR-Wirein, Reportedtimes, iCN Internal Distribution, Extended Distribution, Research Newswire, English