The global high performance computing (HPC) market size reached USD 37.7 billion in 2021, according to a new report by GlobalData Plc. Developments in artificial intelligence (AI) and the exponential growth in data mean that businesses need access to computers capable of performing complex workloads. Every day, businesses, governments, and individuals generate huge volumes of data. This data can only be a source of value if it can be stored, processed, and analyzed, which requires powerful computing. The ability to perform complex computing problems within seconds is expected to drive the growth of the high-performance computing (HPC) market.
High performance computing (HPC) market outlook report with detailed segment analysis is available with GlobalData Now! Download a free sample
The ability to run high-performance computing (HPC) in the cloud has made the technology more readily available. Businesses no longer need to invest in the infrastructure required to build a local data center to access HPC resources. An emerging approach where HPC is deployed at the edge, has the potential to broaden HPC’s reach further still, as it brings HPC’s processing power closer to where the data is created.
In the last decade, HPC’s commercial use cases have grown, and the technology has become more accessible. However, historically, HPC was the remit of academia. The COVID-19 pandemic has put the spotlight back on HPC as a research resource. High-performing computers have played a part in tackling the pandemic. HPC helped scientists understand how the virus interacts with the human body and how it passes from human to human. It had a role in genomic sequencing and, importantly, it enabled advancements in therapeutics and the production of life-saving vaccines. All this was only made possible by collaboration between governments, academia, and the private sector.
Learn about the HPC market dynamics by viewing report sample right here!
High Performance Computing (HPC) Market Report Highlights
- The global High Performance Computing (HPC) market is projected to witness a CAGR of 7.5% from 2022 to 2026, reaching a value of $54.0 billion by 2026. Increasing use in medical applications is expected to drive the global demand.
- In 2021, server component segment in the HPC market captured a significant share with the market size projected to exceed US$ 20 billion by 2026 at a CAGR of approximately 6% from 2022 to 2026.
- Cloud segment is projected to grow at a CAGR of more than 15% from 2022 to 2026, owing to the increasing use of cloud-based solutions that offer benefits such as flexibility and cost-effectiveness.
- The US dominated the HPC market in 2021 owing to the presence of several technology companies operating in the market that deploy HPC for their computing needs.
- The HPC market key players analyzed as part of this report include Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co, Lenovo Group Ltd, International Business Machines Corp, Dell Technologies Inc, Huawei Investment & Holding Co Ltd, Fujitsu Ltd, Intel Corp, Advanced Micro Devices Inc, NVIDIA Corp, and STMicroelectronics NV, among others.
Unlock additional market dynamics impacting the High-Performance Computing (HPC) market growth by requesting a sample pdf
GlobalData Plc has segmented the HPC market report by component, deployment, application, and region:
Global High Performance Computing (HPC) Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2019-2026)
Global High Performance Computing (HPC) Deployment Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2019-2026)
Global High Performance Computing (HPC) Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2019-2026)
- Financial Services
Global High Performance Computing (HPC) Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2019-2026)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South & Central America
- Rest of South & Central America
- Middle East & Africa
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Looking for more segment-wise insights, download a free sample now!
- Enterprise Servers Market Size (by Technology, Geography, Sector, and Size Band), Trends, Drivers and Challenges, Vendor Landscape, Opportunities and Forecast, 2021-2026
- Enterprise Storage Market Size (by Technology, Geography, Sector, and Size Band), Trends, Drivers and Challenges, Vendor Landscape, Opportunities and Forecast, 2021-2026
- Servers Market Size and Forecast (by Country, IT Solution area, Size Band and Vertical), 2022-2026
- Storage Market Size and Forecast (by Country, IT Solution area, Size Band and Vertical), 2022-2026
- Data Center IT Infrastructure Market Analysis & Forecast by IT Infrastructure Components (Server, Storage, Networking Equipment, and DCIM Software), Vertical, Employee Size Band, and Region To 2026
- Cloud Computing Market Size, Share, Trends, Analysis and Forecast by IT Infrastructure, Products and Services (Cloud Management Platforms, IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, Hybrid, Managed and Private Cloud Services), Region and Vertical, 2022-2026
- Edge Computing Market Analysis and Forecast by Region, IT Infrastructure (Hardware, Software and Services), Application, Vertical and Employee Size Band, 2021-2026
GlobalData is a leading provider of data, analytics, and insights on the world’s largest industries. In an increasingly fast-moving, complex, and uncertain world, it has never been harder for organizations and decision-makers to predict and navigate the future. GlobalData’s mission is to help our clients to decode the future and profit from faster, more informed decisions. As a leading information services company, thousands of clients rely on us for trusted, timely, and actionable intelligence. Our solutions are designed to provide a daily edge to professionals within corporations, financial institutions, professional services, and government agencies.
Head of PR EMEA
+44 (0)207 936 6400
Media Contacts Mark Jephcott Head of PR EMEA email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0)207 936 6400
PR-Wirein, Reportedtimes, iCN Internal Distribution, Extended Distribution, Research Newswire, English