Growing requirement in surgeries along with increasing application of lidocaine in dental procedures are the major factor influencing market growth.
Market Size – USD 4.2 Billion in 2018, Market Growth – CAGR of 3.6%, Market Trends – Increasing applications as local anesthesia for medical purposes.
The global Lidocaine Market is expected to reach USD 5.6 Billion by 2026, according to a new report by Reports and Data. This can be mainly associated with the incidences of various minimally invasive surgical procedures, periodontal diseases and carries, inclination towards preventive healthcare, incidences of cosmetic procedures, incidences of painful disorders and growing applications in anti-itching and pain relief drug, associated with minor cuts, insect’s bites, skin scrapes, burns and eczema.
Lidocaine is an aminoethylamide derivative of xylidine. It is a lot times more toxic and potent than procaine and also provides local anesthesia that is by comparison more prompt, extensive, and long lasting.
Ask for Sample Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1175
For routine dental use the most suitable administration is of 2% lidocaine hydrochloride with 1:100,000 epinephrine, but the drug is also available as a plain solution or in multidose vials and with 1:50,000 epinephrine. Although 2% lidocaine with vasoconstrictor provides satisfactory dental anesthesia in normal circumstances, it has sometimes proved ineffective in rendering extremely sensitive teeth completely pain-free.
Formulations of lidocaine hydrochloride include a 2% viscous solution, 2% gel, a 4% solution, and a 10% topical spray. Lidocaine base is marketed in a 5% and 2.5% solution and ointment and a 10% aerosol spray. A mucosal is also available as adherent patch 2 cm long × 1 cm wide and containing 46.1 mg of lidocaine.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- By type, topical jelly or ointment is widely used, on various parts of the body to cause numbness or loss of feeling for patients having certain medical attention. It helps to relieve pain and itching caused by conditions such as insect bites or stings, sunburn or other minor burns, poison oak, poison ivy, minor cuts, poison sumac, or scratches.
- By medical use, it is used as a drug to numb a specific area of the body for reducing pain and discomfort caused during surgeries or other invasive medical procedures. Both the injections and topical forms can be used for anesthesia.
- Topical anesthetic agents are used to decrease the pain associated with a variety of cutaneous procedures, by dermatologists, including soft tissue augmentation, laser surgery, and other cosmetic surgical treatments. Thus driving the market of the cosmetic applications.
- In medical applications, the drug is used as a local anesthetic (numbing medication), used to relieve pain and itching caused by conditions such as insect bites or stings, sunburn or other minor burns, poison oak, poison ivy, minor cuts, poison sumac, or scratches. It works by blocking nerve signals in the body.
- Geographically, North America is expected to dominate the global market, attributed to the presence of a well-established healthcare sector, increasing investments in the healthcare sector, and growing R&D activities.
- Europe is expected to be the second largest market globally owing to the growing demand for lidocaine formulations, increasing number of surgeries, and increasing investments in the healthcare sector.
- Asia-Pacific is anticipated to have the highest growth, at CAGR of 5.8% in the forecast period, owing to the increasing population, increasing disposable income, and growing investments in the healthcare sectors.
- Key participants include Pfizer, Inc., AstraZeneca Plc, Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC, Glenmark PharmaceuticalsTaro Pharmaceuticals USA, Centura Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Inc., Teligent, Inc., Endo Pharmaceutical Inc., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc., and Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc., among others.
Request a customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/1175
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented global Lidocaine Market on the basis of Type, dosage, medical uses, distribution channels, application, and region:
- Type Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; 2018-2026 and Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2026)
- Patch, Extended Release
- Dosage Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; 2018-2026 And Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2026)
- Medical Uses Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; 2018-2026 And Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2026)
- Pain And Irritation
- Postherpetic Neuralgia
- Cardiac Arrhythmia
- Gastrointestinal Tract Examination
- Labor Pain And Discomfort
- Nerve Block To Relieve Pain
- Distribution Channels Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; 2018-2026 And Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2026)
- Applications Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; 2018-2026 And Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2026)
- Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; 2018-2026 and Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2026)
- North America
- South-east Asia
To know more about the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/lidocaine-market
Thank you for reading our report. Customization of the report is available based on the client’s requirements. For more details, kindly connect with us, and our team will ensure the report is suited to meet your requirements.
Browse More Reports:
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370