Most individuals are successful in losing weight and find a way to a healthy weight, but losing weight and keeping it off can be hard enough. But many people who achieve their goals of slimming down and finding a healthy weight are faced with another problem called loose skin, which often occurs around the arms, legs, neck, and midsection.
It isn’t a problem for everyone but it can be uncomfortable, frustrating, and leave you confused about what to do next. So what can you do about it? Read on this full article and learn how to keep skin tight while losing weight.
Why does it happen?
Generally, the skin has a finite elasticity which allows it to expand and contract around a person’s changing body frame, but that degree of elasticity is different for every single individual and it can be depended upon their overall health and the health of their skin.
So it’s not just how much weight you lose by biofit supplement or some other pill, your age and skin quality can also determine whether you’ll experience loose skin after weight loss.
Risk factors of excess skin after weight loss
There are some risk factors of excess skin after weight loss, and this can be involved in your skin elasticity. Let’s check out:
- Age: When you get older, your skin becomes less elastic.
- Genetics: Genes play a major role in skin and they influence how much firmness your skin retains, as you get older.
- How much weight you lose: When you lose a large amount of weight in a short time, with the help of weight loss surgery, your skin may not have enough time to shrink with your body and it can be permanently stretched.
- Sun Exposure: Exposure to the sun can damage your skin.
- Nutrition and water intake: Get enough nutrition, vitamins, and minerals, and staying hydrated can be healthy or firm for your skin.
Tips to get rid of Loose skin
Each individual will have a different response after losing weight. Some may have chosen the body contouring surgery to avoid extra skin and you can also be able to make a difference with other options, such as exercise and a healthy diet. So here are some 5 natural tips to get rid of loose skin. Let’s find out:
- Have enough protein
Having enough protein is important to keep your skin healthy and glowing also it will help to maintain your elasticity. Some of the sources of protein are nuts, fish, tofu, and cottage cheese.
- Take care of your skin
Taking care of your skin goes a long way to maintain your elasticity and your skincare routine should include exfoliation and moisturizing. So make sure to apply sunscreen before you step out of your home and always try to look for ingredients like hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, and C in your daily day and night creams.
- Drink enough water
Drink at least 1 to 2 liters of water daily because staying hydrated should be your number one priority if you are aiming to maintain your skin’s elasticity.
- Keep a check on your diet
Keep checking on your diet may help to take care of your skin health. So make sure to eat fresh fruits and vegetables can drastically impact the way your skin looks and feels.
- Wear compression clothes
Try compression clothes when you’re are waiting for your skin to snap back after stretching. According to the Washington Sources, this helps to give you an appearance of smooth skin under your clothes.
Best Home Remedy For Skin Tightening
- Take care of your skin, which includes sun protection, avoiding smoking, limiting alcohol consumption, and eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables and low in sugar and saturated fats
- Building muscle is always a good idea, it can make your skin look tauter.
- Dry brushing helps prevent loose skin. Use a natural fiber brush with a long handle to brush and exfoliate the skin. This may help tighten loose skin, eliminate toxins from the body, stimulate the lymphatic system, and increase circulation.
Before getting to any body contouring procedures make sure the facility is accredited and that the doctor is board-certified in plastic surgery.
Hope you liked the article and helped you to find the major tips to get rid of excess skin after losing weight and also why it has happened?. If you had loved this article we had love to hear about your results in the comment section.