The MOOC market is gaining significant traction on the back of flexible learning and availability of micro & nano courses as employee engagement & development programs. Fact.MR, in its newly published report, reveals that the MOOC market will hit a valuation of ~US$ 65 Bn by 2029.
MOOC has been witnessing immense adoption in various enterprises due to a strong consumer interest in convenient and portable learning options. Rapidly growing educational costs & the increased requirement for higher education to secure a job creates demand for an economical education system. This in turn is giving impetus to the growth of the MOOC market over the forecast period.
For detailed insights on enhancing your product footprint, request for a sample here – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=3077
Key Takeaways of the MOOC Market
- In 2018, Business & Management courses generated more than 17% revenue in the market, owing to the high cost of degrees from the world’s leading business schools. However, the cost is still lesser than the regular academic classes.
- Over 950 universities have seamlessly integrated with MOOC providers, out of which close to 250 universities offer more than 10 different courses. The number of universities that offer more than 100 courses has been less than 25 till 2019
- In the last 3 years, with the addition of more than 2,200 courses per year, the overall MOOC offerings have increased from around 1,050 in 2014 to more than 11,000 courses in 2018.
- MOOC providers who have a strong foothold in the market are generating 30% more revenue, while emerging providers show above 40% growth in revenue generation in 2018.
- Overall, the MOOC market is likely to create an absolute value opportunity of more than US$ 62 Billion during the forecast period, adding 20X times more value in 2029 as compared to 2019
Paradigm Shift Towards Low Internet Bandwidth and Regional Language Courses
MOOC adoption is facing a major challenge due to low internet bandwidth. To address this significant challenge, market players are focusing on designing resources which can be accessed on low internet bandwidth. Towards, this, MOOC providers are offering low bandwidth solutions such as low definition MOOC videos, video transcripts and audio-only versions supported by slides. To gain a competitive edge, MOOC providers are offering courses in regional languages.
- For instance, Miríada X, a regional MOOC provider offers more than 490 courses in Spanish & Portuguese, created by the leading universities in Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries.
- Some MOOC providers are focusing on creativity & arts education instead of mainstream education. For Instance, Kadenze, a MOOC platform that specializes in creative and arts education, partners with some of the best art institutions and universities around the world to optimize its arts education offering.
For in-depth competitive analysis, buy now – https://www.factmr.com/checkout/3077
Key Questions Answered in the Fact.MR’s MOOC Market Report
- Which regions will continue to remain the most profitable regional markets for MOOC market players?
- Which factors will induce a change in the demand for MOOC during the assessment period?
- How will changing trends impact the MOOC market?
- How can market players capture the low-hanging opportunities in the MOOC market in developed regions?
- Which companies are leading the MOOC market?
- What are the winning strategies of stakeholders in the MOOC market to upscale their position in this landscape?
Course Differentiation and Regional Language Offerings to be Key Strategies in Marketplace
A large majority of the MOOC players have similar business models that are targeting the same share of the market pie. The global market is characterized by cMOOC and xMOOC, and companies are offering solutions within these frameworks. The only advantage these companies have is the threshold of collaboration and enrollment, which too is volatile in nature.
Prime differentiating strategy adopted by MOOC providers is course differentiation and language based MOOC offering. Providers are also tying up with regional universities to improve their regional presence.
Why Choose Fact.MR?
- 24/7 Service Offering
- Digital Business Strategy Solutions
- Precise Supply Chain Augmentation Analysis
- Syndicated and Customized Reports for Clients
- Up-To-Date Insights on Industry Trends
Read More Trending and Similar Reports from Fact.MR –http://www.globenewswire.com/en/news-release/2020/03/25/2006303/0/en/Hyperspectral-Imaging-Market-to-be-Driven-by-Application-in-Forestry-and-Agriculture-East-Asia-Emerging-Highly-Lucrative-Says-a-New-Fact-MR-Study.html
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Our sales offices in United States and Dublin, Ireland. Headquarter based in Dubai, UAE. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
+1 (628) 251-1583
+1 (628) 251-1583